Healthcare-related legislation is tightening the controls over patient information security and privacy
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) addresses health information security and privacy issues
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, or HITECH Act extends the HIPAA Security Rules to non-HIPAA covered entities.
Healthcare professionals can take on a wide variety of roles which require robust verification of their identities.
- Doctors, nurses and administrators require convenient but secure access to office space, sensitive areas in hospitals, pharmaceutical areas, etc.
- Doctors and nurses may also step into roles as first responders in the event of local, regional or national disasters.
- Medical professional’s identities must be verified before gaining access to sensitive patient records.
Regardless of the situation or application, there must be a secure process or solution in place to verify the identity of professionals providing healthcare services.
Probaris has over 15 years experience deploying high assurance solutions for Identity and Credential Access Management. Probaris can:
- Provide solutions that are standards-based and support the requirements imposed by HIPAA and the HITECH Act.
- Support two and three factor authentication to provide graduated levels of assurance.
- Consult with doctors and medical facilities to ensure that the proper mechanisms are in place to protect patient’s rights and hospital’s interests at the same time.
- Provide ongoing consulting support to help you determine the right solution to meet your needs and deploy a robust security framework.